Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Lord and the Mobile

Pip: Ma, let's play. You'll be the lord, ok?
Me: Lord? What lord (mentally flicking through all stories to see which one features some lord. We've haven't yet done Shreck and his Lord Farquat (or whatever his Fuck-what ryhming name is).
Pip: The Lord. And I'll be Mrs Noah. And you have to tell me to put the animals in the ark because you'll be sending the floods soon, ok? Tell me.
Me: (booming voice) Um, So, Mrs Noah. Are all the animals in place?
Pip: Oh not yet. My husband Noah says that he felt rain on his shoulder. Wait a bit Lord ok. The skunk and the panda are still out.
Lord: (taken aback by bossy tone) Err.. of course, of course. Um, just tell me when you're ready.
Pip: Yes I'll send you a message. I have the mobile in my hand so it won't get wet.
Me: Bless you, Mrs Noah

Moral: Today's kids are impressively biblically and technologically versant.

No comments:

Post a Comment